Thursday, April 30, 2015

Happy 4th Birthday Ryan!

When I gave Ryan several choices of things we could do on his birthday (it was Easter vacation, so the boys didn’t have school), he chose to go to the farm park with friends. Bennett asked him several times if he was sure he didn’t want to go swimming instead, but he was pretty insistent on the farm park. He was also insistent that he should wear shorts and that he would be warm enough (I think it was in the mid-50s).

After the farm park, the boys rode their scooters to Otto & Aksel’s house and rode bikes and trikes for a bit before begging Tasha to feed them lunch. That night, we had the Oates, the Mullins (our “new friends” as the boys call them – they had just arrived from Seattle a couple of days earlier), and Star over for pizza and cake and ice cream. I actually finished the cake well before the party, which is quite an accomplishment for me – usually I’m trying to throw it together at the last minute. Fortunately, it turned out pretty close to how I expected.

I loved celebrating Ryan’s birthday with him, mostly because he was just so excited and so happy, all day. He loved the attention and had the cutest shy smile while everyone was singing happy birthday to him. He was so excited to open his presents, and I loved seeing the twinkle in his eyes. Happy Birthday Ryan!

IMG_4710IMG_4717 RJP_3150_1IMG_4755RJP_3157_1RJP_3154RJP_3156_1 IMG_4739RJP_3162_1RJP_3166_1

3 comments:

Jessica said...

He is such a cutie! Love that smile.

Camille said...

Such a cute boy! I love that he just wanted to got to the park. Great looking cake!

Cindy said...

Love that boy and his cute smile blowing out his candles.