Tuesday, September 21, 2010

18 Months

Bennett’s actually 19 months now, but with all the traveling we’ve been doing I didn’t have a chance to do an update, or to take “official” 18-month pictures of him until last week.

I’ve started keeping a little “Bennett journal” with milestones and funny things he does so I can remember. I wish I had started it when he was born, but oh well – better late than never, right? I won’t bore you with all the details, but we are enjoying watching him learn new words (or at least attempts at them), animal sounds (my current favorite is the fishy – no actual sounds, he just opens and closes his mouth), and body parts (“show me your muscles”, complete with a grunt, is the current favorite). One of his favorite things lately is helping Nate take off his shoes as soon as he walks in the door – he then takes his socks off, puts his socks inside his shoes, and puts the shoes under the piano. He laughs easily and is pretty fun to have around. I attempted to get some photos of him last week, but brought a couple balls to keep him from getting bored – maybe a mistake? He just wanted to play with the balls and wouldn’t look at me. We think he’s pretty cute anyway.

DSC_0223-1 DSC_0226-1

(that second one is blurry, but it gives you an idea of what I had to work with – and it makes him look like he’s running really fast! :)

 DSC_0233-1 DSC_0246-1     DSC_0261-1  DSC_0267-1 DSC_0270-1 DSC_0271-1  DSC_0255-2

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Great pictures Becky! I know how much he likes to play catch, so I understand with the pictures. Looks like you still got some good ones though!

Dan said...

Yeah Beck, he's a pretty cute bub!