A couple weeks ago, we went camping up at Spirit Lake in the Uintahs with Nate’s family. They had spent time there many summers growing up enjoying the camping, hiking, and fishing. I wasn’t quite brave enough to spend 3 days up there with Ryan, so Nate went up with Bennett on Thursday and I rode up with Anna on Friday morning. The night in the tent was rough with the 2 kids, but we survived. We had a great time hanging out with family, riding the raft & kayak, catching fish (first one for Bennett, and maybe for me? I can’t remember if I ever caught one growing up), hiking, and eating yummy food. As much as I complained about “roughing it” camping with a 4-month-old (I’m not very fond of outhouses…), it was nice to be away from everything and enjoy the peace and beauty of nature.
bennett catching his first fish (you have to look closely in the 3rd pic to see the fish)
Bennett’s grandpa helping get the fish ready to throw back in, and Ryan with his adoring fans
moose tracks – we saw 3 moose, plus a baby, while we were there
Bennett asleep in the backpack on our hike, and Abby and Mabel, who love holding baby Ryan
Bennett apparently gets bored on boats – just like the paddle boats we went on over 4th of July, both times we took him out in the kayak he fell sound asleep!
2 comments:
Cute pictures Becky! It looked like a fun trip - except for the night time part you can't see in pictures. :)
Yeah, Beck, fun trip. Glad you caught your first fish! And Bennett too!
Post a Comment