On October 1, we ventured with some friends up to “swan trail farms” – partly to pick apples, and partly to check out their fall kids’ activities. We had tons of fun – watching the ducks race, seeing the farm animals, picking apples, playing with the water pump duck races, riding the animal swings, and playing on the jumping pillow. It was a beautiful area and we liked it enough that we went back towards the end of the month (when apple picking was replaced by picking pumpkins from the pumpkin patch). We lucked out both times and had nice (although a bit chilly) fall weather.
Round 2:
As is usually the case with them, Ryan quickly chose the first pumpkin I pointed out; Bennett performed a thorough examination of many pumpkins before finding one that was just right (he didn’t want too much dirt, it needed a good stem, and he needed to be able to pick it up)
I don’t usually purposely have the boys wear matching shirts, but they both have this green striped shirt and often if one of them is wearing his, the other insists on wearing it too.
and the hay ride (and proof that I was there :) Ryan got really scared when we were getting ready to go on it, and said it was scary and that he wanted me to drive the tractor instead of the driver. He was pretty upset, but loved it once we got going – he kept saying “Mom, this is fun! Mom, I like this!”
1 comment:
I love the matchy, matchy! It looks like even your friends were matchy matchy that day! Looks like a great place to visit. What could be more fun for the boys!
Post a Comment