Today, Becky made lasagna and french bread for dinner with brownies and ice cream for dessert. Why? Because today is a day of celebration for two important reasons. My b-day was about a month ago and despite Becky's good intentions, busy season won out so she worked late I made my own dinner. Today she made up for it and we celebrated my belated birthday...and the end of busy season. Hurray for both! We were even social and invited our next door neighbors over. They are nice couple with an 8 month old baby and we enjoyed getting to know them and feeling like we are much better neighbors now than we used to be.
Last week we enjoyed 2 Jazz playoff games courtesy of Uncle Ernie and Ivory Homes. The E&Y game was Game 3 of the Jazz/Rockets series and was bittersweet. The sweet part was that we were in a "Luxury Suite" during the game. We got the royal treatment complete with great food before the game, brownies and ice cream at half-time, a private bathroom, and a decent game (we lost, that's the bitter part). The 2nd game was game 6 of the series and had a much better outcome. The seats weren't quite as good, but the game was 10 times better. After a back and forth 1st half, the Jazz blew the game open in the 3rd quarter and ended up winning by almost 20. We also went to dinner with some neighbors/coworkers before the game and enjoyed the night on the town.
Other notable events in the last month: Jake & Stacey's graduation from BYU, Anna's graduation from the UofU, and Cam going through the temple. Congrats to all the family members! It was great to spend time with both families over the past few weeks. Needless to say it's been a busy month! Oh yeah, and Becky went to Portland for the weekend to hang out with her old Ashland cronies (the DCS girls). She had a great weekend so I'm sure she'll add more details. It was the perfect weekend getaway for Beckers to help her unwind a little from the seemingly endless busy season.

My stomach was hurting so I stopped to walk for a minute...right in front of the camera guy. Despite the walking, I managed a time of 30:55...slow, but not too embarrassing. I did beat some people from my office, but I prefer to not disclose how many.


At Multnomah Falls in Portland with the friends from home - it was so pretty and green!

Celebrating Kim's birthday - it's always fun to talk and catch up with everyone!

I stayed an extra day and hung out at my sister Jessica's house, and played with my nephews - Landon and Davis. I'm pretty sure I solidified my status as Landon's favorite aunt :)

Jake & Stacey at their graduation
Dave and I with the graduate

At the Mt. Timpanogos Temple with the family - we don't normally look that weird, it was really windy.
2 comments:
You posted again! Hooray!
fun pics bec. i hope your slowing down...
Post a Comment