Monday, May 26, 2008

Sister Morris

My little sister Camille went into the MTC on Wednesday this week, so I got to be her companion for a night. She flew into Salt Lake on Tuesday afternoon, and my brothers and sister-in-law (Jake, Stacey, and Dave) came over that night for dinner. We just hung out most of the night, and played "the forehead game" as Jake likes to call it - Camille said it's called Mormon Bridge, but I'm not sure how it's different from normal Bridge. Here are some pictures of the evening:


Eating dinner - chicken rolls and salad


Group photo (using my fancy new free tripod that I'm pretty excited about :)

On Wednesday morning, we met up at Magleby's Fresh for breakfast, then we went bowling. I'm not sure exactly why we chose bowling - I think Dave mentioned that he had gone bowling the night before he went into the MTC, so they decided we should keep up the tradition.. It was a little weird to be bowling all dressed up, but it was still fun.

at the bowling alley


David exhibiting his superior form


bowling in a skirt

We then took Cam to the MTC. When Jake and Dave went into the MTC, they didn't want us to come in for the video and family split, so we had dropped them off outside and this was the first time going in for the video. The mission president and his wife talked for a little bit, and they both did a great job. We got a letter from Camille today and it sounds like she is doing well and learning a lot! Here are some pics of the new missionary.


In front of the MTC
The required picture with the MTC sign
With her missionary badge, and the "dork dot" as Jake & Dave called it (you wear it on your badge your first day in the MTC so everyone knows you're new).

No comments: